Rigoni di Asiago is a family owned company that started to expand its product range in 1979 when Rigoni was the first to introduce monofloral honey to the Italian market. By the mid 90s, when organic farming started to increase the company became one of the first to go organic and merit the Certified Organic label. The family created Fiordifrutta, which comes from organic farming and is sweetened with apples rather than sugar. By 1997 the company took on the name it has today: Rigoni di Asiago that same year they successfully launched Nocciolata spread and a natural sweetener called Fiordifrutta which is made from apples used in Fiordifrutta and goes by the brand name DolceDì.
I was so excited to receive a jar of Nocciolata Dairy-Free spread, since it brought a big smile to my mother’s face. This chocolate-hazelnut spread is certified-vegan and blended with cocoa, cocoa butter, natural vanilla extract, and raw cane sugar resulting in creamy goodness. Unfortunately, I was unable to try it because I am allergic to chocolate, however my mother loved eating it with fresh fruit or on a bagel and said it was the best chocolate spread she ever tried because of its delicate chocolate flavor with subtle notes of hazelnut that make for the perfect chocolatey goodness. Nocciolata Dairy Free is organic, non-GMO, Kosher certified, gluten free and vegan certified. It is also perfect for those who are lactose intolerant.
Below is a tasty recipe to try Nocciolata.
Apple Sandwiches with Granola and Nocciolata
• 2 small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
• 3 tablespoons of Nocciolata.
• 3 tablespoons granola
1. If you won’t be eating these tasty treats right away, start by brushing the apples slices with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown.
2. Spread one side of half of the apple slices with Nocciolata then sprinkle with granola.
3. Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches.
4. Transfer to napkins or plates and serve.
Courtsey Image: Rigoni di Asiago
Products were provided for an honest unbiased review. Global Looking Glass has never accepted payment for any reviews.